Thursday, July 11, 2013


Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Chicken

What a hectic day! This morning went smoothly, except for my son boycotting his nap, but that's nothing new so I'm used to that. My husband left early for work because he is currently working in two different departments, so I may or may not have slept in a little. 
The original HOSS.
 Don't mind my pose.
We were young and in love.
(Still are!)

I knew this evening would be quite different than the lazy day I had because, yesterday, my husband bought a new truck. When my husband and I met, he had a 2006 Dodge Ram and it was his baby. He bought it from a co-worker while he was in England and had it shipped to Georgia when he came back state-side. In September 2011, he decided the gas mileage wasn't cutting it during his city drive to and from work. He traded the HOSS, as he named it, in for a Chrysler Crossfire. My husband is 6'3'' and I swear I tried to talk him out of it, but it was his truck and he could do what he wanted with it. Anyway, after some time my husband
The new HOSS!
went through a good many cars- a Mustang, which we traded in because we found out I was pregnant; two Impalas, one of which I still have and is my main car; and a Volkswagen GTI. For a while now, my husband has been drooling over every Ram he saw and realized that ever since he had gotten rid of his truck, he had been trying to replace it and nothing would do the job. We tried for a while to get a Ram that was a good couple years old because we knew how upside down we would go on his GTI and thought that that was the only way we could afford one. Well come to find out, if we bought a newer or new one, we would be able to afford it without going too upside down on the GTI. Once my husband learned this, he was off to the races and bought one that very same day, yesterday. He needed a co-signer and I lovingly obliged. Since he bought it last night while I was at home with our son, I could not be there to sign the paperwork so we had to reschedule the signing to today.

Grandpa sent him cookies!
Yay! More sugar!
My son is a good boy; he's a good boy when he's entertained and full. However when we go out, he always gets bored and usually quite fussy, hey, he's one. I was dreading taking him to the car dealership because I knew how long it would take to get the paperwork around, sign, and complete the sale and I knew he would get antsy pretty quick because it was getting late in the day. Needless-to-say, the trip to the car dealership and the whole experience there was exactly what I had thought, a disaster. Luckily, and here is the actual point of the blog, haha, I had dinner cooking in the crock pot and it was ready for us when we got home.

Slow Cooked BBQ Pulled Chicken


2 chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
1/2 can of cherry soda
3/4 bottle of BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tsp hot pepper flakes

Dump all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 or on low for 4 1/2 hours. Pull with two forks to shred the chicken; stir and serve in buns.




I served some homemade pasta salad with it; noodles, Italian dressing, frozen peas, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.

I took this photo after we had
already devoured most of the
chicken. Oops.


My husband LOVED it! Woo hoo!!! I commented that it tasted like the stuff you buy pre-made at the store and he said, and I quote, "Wayyy better, babe." :D

Hope everyone has an awesome evening! 

XOXO

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment