Wednesday, July 10, 2013

In Search of the Perfect Nude Lip Color

Yesterday, July 9, was my two year wedding anniversary. I cannot believe how fast time flies; it seems as though nothing is changing during my day to day life but then I look back from where I am and everything has changed. It could be something as simple as my son getting a new tooth or learning to stack the stars on the star stack-er (and clapping after he stacks every one, of course) or it could be something massive like thinking I graduated college two years ago, two years, or thinking that I gradated high school SIX years ago. I know I'm not old and I'm not pretending to be, however I am beginning to realize that time does go by and it usually goes faster than we notice.

The other awesome pick
The Winner! 
Back to my story after that slight tangent. As I said in my previous blog, my husband and I don't have a lot of money to throw around but with our anniversary approaching, I wanted a new outfit to go out to dinner in. Although it rarely ever happens, I found two awesome dresses at Goodwill. I love Goodwill. I even browse Goodwill online when I am bored. I love looking for vintage-y things to add to my home or cheap clothes and toys for my son who grows like a weed and only wears something (or plays with something) for two weeks to a month. Anyway, I almost never buy anything for myself because I would rather buy something for my son or for the house, besides Goodwill clothes never seem to suit my taste. Nevertheless, I was blessed to find not only one but two cute dresses and they were in my size, score! I paired it with a belt that I also found at Goodwill, a peach pearl ring my husband got me for Christmas a few years back and some old heels I had laying around the house. Not to bad for a grand total of $8.00. Can I also add that I found some Sperry's for $3? I washed them, with advice from here, of course because I could never think of getting foot fungus or something worse from wearing someone else's shoes, but man I couldn't pass up $80+ dollar shoes for $3. They're a bit beat up but hey, I would beat up new ones if I got them as well.


The Perfect Nude Lipstick

Maybelline Color Whisper:
Bare to be Bold
My FAVORITE nude
Rimmel London: Nude Delight
(too brown)
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer:
Champagne (too shiny)
elf: Nearly Nude
(too pink and extremely dry
I used lip gloss over this one
just to make it look presentable)


















I have been trying so hard to get the nude lip look. I think its classic and never looks overdone or heavy. I don't know if it is because I am a redhead with fair skin and freckles, but I have bought several tubes of "nude" lipstick just to get home, try it on, and it be too shiny, too pink, too brown what-have-you. I know I could have probably spent the same amount of money on one tube of MAC lipstick and probably could have gotten what I wanted right off the bat, oh well. Thrilled that I finally found the perfect nude for my skin color, Maybelline Color Whisper in Bare to be Bold, I paired it with my dress for the night out. 

Dinner!


My flowers!
We got a babysitter! Yay!
We went to a local restaurant, The Rookery, for the first time and it was awesome! Seriously, if you live in the middle Georgia area, go visit them! Not only do they have awesome reviews on Yelp! but I am here to tell you it reminded me of pubs I visited in England only on a slightly bigger scale and along with the great food they have quite the selection of draught beer.

In the end, we had an awesome night and look forward to two more years and then two more and two more, an so on.
My husband steals my heart
yet again by quoting Harry Potter. I LOVE Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment